DOCOMO PACIFIC Teams Up with Strategic Partners to Accelerate Restoration Efforts
Tamuning, Guam (June 23, 2023) – DOCOMO PACIFIC, the regional leader in innovation, telecommunications, & entertainment, teams up with strategic partners to accelerate restoration efforts.
DAY 29 Since Typhoon Mawar
- Recovery Phase 1 is complete see the summary below.
- July 31, 2023 - restoration target date for the majority of Home/Business Internet services.
- July 31, 2023 - target date for optimizing mobile network quality.
- Over 80 skilled workers consisting of Mobile technicians, Fiber and Coax technicians, Construction linemen, and project managers, along with a fleet of over 30 bucket trucks, pick-up trucks, and cable spool trailers will arrive this week.
- Service credits for outages experienced from May 24 to June 30, 2023, will automatically be applied to your July 2023 bill.
Recovery Phase 1 Summary (May 25 – June 22)
- Our Mobile Network now has complete island coverage and is broadcasting a signal for talk and text.
- Provided connectivity to First responders, Gov't agencies, and businesses critical to island restoration.
- Assessed our island-wide network and pinpoint key damaged areas for Phase 2 of recovery.
- Restored some Home services to customers with minimal storm damage. (cont. in Phase 2).
Post-Typhoon Recovery Phase 2 Objectives (June 22 – July 31):
In the next phase of our typhoon recovery process, we have the following objectives with the help of our partners to be completed before July 31, 2023:
- Optimize Mobile Service quality (talk/text/data)
- Accelerate restoration of individual Home/Business Internet services
- Extending and strengthening our fiber network as we rebuild.
Customers who reside in significantly damaged areas will be a part of our Phase 3 recovery efforts. “Significant Damage” are areas that will take longer to repair versus rebuild completely. We will be contacting each customer directly that falls under Phase 3 to offer innovative internet solutions to keep you connected while we rebuild.
Our Guam network spans approximately 900 miles. To hit our Phase 2 restoration targets by July 31, our Guam crew will be working directly with the following partners (now on-island):
- Members of our DOCOMO PACIFIC CNMI Family
- California Pacific Technical Services, LLC (Calpac) (Guam based)
- Danes Construction
- Fiber Tech Solutions Inc. (USA)
- Guahan Tower
- JMC Equipment/VT Group
- Pacific Technologies
- Palau National Communications Corporation (PNCC)
- REG Builders
Additional Total Resources include:
- A restoration crew of over 80 skilled workers consisting of Mobile technicians, Fiber and Coax technicians, Construction linemen, and project managers.
- A fleet of over 20 bucket trucks, pick-up trucks, and cable spool trailers.
Service credits will be automatically applied to your account as our commitment to you. These credits will be applied to your July 2023 invoice for outages experienced from May 24 to June 30, 2023. If you have any questions or need assistance with your account, please contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 671-685-2273.
We encourage you to use mobile hotspots once Mobile service coverage improves in areas. We're here to help you stay connected in the following ways:
- No disconnections until further notice! We got you covered.
- No data caps for all our mobile data customers.
- Prepaid customers can stay connected even without load until further notice.
Thank you for your unwavering patience and understanding. We are committed to building back a stronger network to serve you.
Field Operations Team: DOCOMO PACIFIC Guam and CNMI, Calpac, Fiber Tech Solutions Inc., and JMC Equipment/VT Group
Mobile Team: DOCOMO PACIFIC Guam and CNMI, PNCC, and Fiber Tech Solutions Inc.
Sales Engineers Team
About DOCOMO PACIFIC
DOCOMO PACIFIC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, Japan’s leading mobile operator. Headquartered in Tamuning, Guam, DOCOMO PACIFIC is the largest provider of personal, residential, enterprise connectivity and entertainment services in Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. We are the 7-time winner of Best of The Pacific. DOCOMO PACIFIC is dedicated to bringing you and your family closer to the things that matter most. Get to know more about what makes us “Better Together” at www.docomopacific.com