Letter to customers from DOCOMO PACIFIC's President & CEO, addressing 03/17 cybersecurity incident
Tamuning, Guam (March 21, 2023):
Håfa Adai DOCOMO PACIFIC Subscribers,
Early last Friday morning, a cybersecurity incident occurred and some of our servers were attacked. Immediate failsafe protocols were initiated by our cybersecurity technicians to shut down affected servers and to isolate the intrusion. Your customer data is safe. Our mobile network and fiber service remain unaffected. However, we understand that this outage has been a huge disruption and has extended through the weekend and for some customers, into this week. I know apologies are only worthy if they are backed by action. Please allow me to inform you of what's being done to restore and reinforce your services.
We have mobilized all technical resources 24 x 7. We continue to make progress in addressing the incident, however, this remains an evolving and dynamic situation. All hands in Guam, CNMI, as well as local and federal law enforcement resources, are dedicated to resolving this issue.
Here's what we're doing to keep you connected:
- Internet – all Internet services have been restored. If you continue to experience service issues, please contact 671-688-2273 (GUAM) or 670-488-2273 (CNMI). You may continue to use your mobile data to tether devices such as laptops and tablets at no additional cost. Credits will be applied to your bill.
- Mobile Prepaid – all prepaid talk, text, and data are available at no cost. If you are a current Prepaid customer, you may continue using the service without load.
- Mobile Postpaid - our Mobile network was isolated and was not impacted. To allow you to power all other devices such as laptops and tablets, your data caps have been removed until further notice.
- Entertainment – if you subscribe to dTV+ and are still experiencing service issues, please contact Customer Care. Credits will be applied to your bill.
- Digital Home Phone – Credits will be applied to your next bill. If service issues persist, please contact Customer Care.
Our stores and call centers are operating with limited functionality. For non-critical issues, please email email@example.com.
Attacks like these cannot be easily predicted or prevented, and I deeply apologize on behalf of DOCOMO PACIFIC for the disruption it has caused. Please be assured that, I, along with my entire team, will not rest until your services are fully restored and secured. Thank you for your continued understanding, and for your patronage.
President & CEO
About DOCOMO PACIFIC
DOCOMO PACIFIC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, Japan’s leading mobile operator. Headquartered in Tamuning, Guam, DOCOMO PACIFIC is the largest provider of personal, residential, enterprise connectivity and entertainment services in Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. We are the 6-time winner of Best of The Pacific. DOCOMO PACIFIC is dedicated to bringing you and your family closer to the things that matter most. Get to know more about what makes us “Better Together” at www.docomopacific.com.