DOCOMO PACIFIC prioritizes the health and safety of its employees and customers in the face of Novel Coronavirus 19.
TAMUNING, GUAM (March 3, 2020) – DOCOMO PACIFIC, regional leader in innovation, telecommunications & entertainment, prioritizes the health and safety of its employees and customers in the face of Novel Coronavirus 19.
The level of concern surrounding the spread of Novel Coronavirus 19 continues to rise. At DOCOMO PACIFIC, we recognize the impact it has on the communities we serve and want to ensure you that our response will remain proactive.
“In this time of uncertainty our highest priority is the well-being of our employees. At the same time we stand ready to assist our customers with the technology and communication tools needed to work remotely and continue to be safe and productive.”
NTT DOCOMO Japan, the sole shareholder of DOCOMO PACIFIC has encouraged its 200,000 group employees in Japan to make use of telework and off-peak commuting as of Monday, February 23, 2020. Remote work is experiencing a boost as more people avoid physical gatherings where the likelihood of contamination is higher.
While there are no known cases of COVID-19 on Guam nor the CNMI, we are exercising caution to protect our associates and customers:
- Employees who feel ill are encouraged to stay home.
- We are taking steps to ensure a clean and hygienic workplace -
- Surfaces, desks, tables and objects are to be wiped down and disinfected regularly in our offices and stores.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be deployed to the stores and will be filled regularly.
- Posters promoting proper hand-washing have been displayed in office restrooms and employee gathering spaces.
- All staff and contractors are asked to wash their hands with soap and water.
- Face masks, tissues, closed trash bins and hand sanitizer will be available in our offices for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work.
For our customers, your health and safety is paramount. Here’s what we’re doing for you:
- We are taking every precaution to increase the standard of hygiene in our stores. However, if you prefer to manage your account without a physical visit, you can manage your account online by signing up for Self-Care.
- Audit your internet connection and speed.
- Ensure you have the proper tools and devices necessary for remote work.
- Set up a VPN if required.
- Ensure remote desktop access if applicable.
- Separate your business chat and email from your personal platforms for added business security.
About DOCOMO PACIFIC
DOCOMO PACIFIC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, Japan’s leading mobile operator. Headquartered in Tamuning, Guam, DOCOMO PACIFIC is the largest provider of personal, residential, enterprise connectivity and entertainment services in Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. As the 4-time winner of Pika’s Best of Guam and 3-time winner of Best of The Pacific, DOCOMO PACIFIC is dedicated to bringing you and your family closer to the things that matter most. Get to know more about what makes us “Better Together” at www.docomopacific.com.